The 2020 Presidential Election is going to be an election that will turn a nation.
It will either allow the nation to continue down its productive path. Or, it will turn back onto the path it was one before President Trump took over.
America needs to stay strong and continue to grow as much of the world’s economies depend on a strong America.
Here is a look at some candidates that President may face in the 2020 Presidential Election.
The 2020 Candidates Running for the Presidency
- Joe Biden is the former Vice President of the United States that served under former President Obama. He is currently 76 years old. The Obama era gave him new popularity with the next generation. He is ready to move down a path that is contrary to what people are expecting to see in the future.
- Cory Booker is a current U.S. Senator from New Jersey. He has served as mayor and seeks to serve as president. He did not support Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination as he vocally opposed it.
- Pete Buttigieg served as Mayor of South Bend, Indiana. He is currently 37 years old and is set to become a major leader in the Democratic Party in the coming years. He is a veteran of the war in Afghanistan.
- Lian Castro is the Former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. He is currently 44 years old.
- John Delaney is currently the U.S. Representative of Maryland. He has already campaigned heavily in Iowa as he visited every county in the state. He is currently 56 years old.
- Tulsi Gabbard is currently 38 years old and has been a Bernie Sanders supporter for many years. She holds to views that are very different from mainstream Democratic policies.
- Kirsten Gillibrand is a U.S. Senator from New York. She has been an outspoken person against Bill Clinton and Al Franken.
- Kamala Harris is a Senator from California that has served as a district attorney and a state attorney general.
- John Hickenlooper is a former Governor from Colorado. He is said to be a business-centered governor that is in favor of gun control.
- Jay Inslee was the Governor of Washington. He is big on climate change.
- Amy Klobuchar is a U.S. Senator from Minnesota. She believes that her party can win back voters around the Midwest.
- Wayne Messam is the Mayor of Miramar, FL. He is interested in gun control and controlling the cost of education.
- Seth Moulton is a U.S. Representative from the state of Massachusetts. He is 40 years old. He has stood against Nancy Pelosi but gave in when the pressure from his party came.
- Beto O’Rourke is from the state of Texas. He served as a U.S. Representative. He failed to win against Ted Cruz but has a stable base of supporters.
- Tim Ryan is a Representative from the state of Ohio. He spoke out against Nancy Pelosi and failed to have here replaced as the Democratic speaker.
- Bernie Sanders is a U.S. Senator from Vermont. He is seen as a progressive icon with many voters.
- Eric Swalwell serves as a Representative to California. He serves on the House of Intelligence committee as was a defender of the investigation on Russia inferring with the 2016 election.
- Elizabeth Warren is from the state of Massachusetts where she serves as a Senator.
- Marianne Williamson is a 66-year-old author. She lost an election in 2014 as she ran for Congress.
- Andrew Yang is an Entrepreneur. He supports an automated America.
- Steve Bullock is a Governor of Montana. He is involved in many issues around the country.
- Mark Warner is a Virginia Senator. He served on the Senate Intelligence Committee as a ranking member during the Russian probe.
There are many more candidates that include Time Kaine, John Kerry, Michael Bloomberg, Sherrod Brown, Hillary Clinton, Andrew Cuomo, Eric Garcetti, Eric Holder, Joe Kennedy, Mitch Landrieu, Terry McAuliffe, Jeff Merkley Richard Ojeda, Martin O’Malley, and Tom Steyer that are seeking the next Democratic Party spot on the 2020 election. All of them have contributed to politics in America.
They will have to overcome a successful President that has won the favor of many skeptics across the country. He has done so much to improve the country that it will be extremely difficult to win against him in the 2020 election.